Thursday, July 15, 2010

I have finished my first crocheting pattern - there is a few mistakes but crocheting is SO forgiving, luckily!


It started off that I had picked up a couple of great pattern books at the op-shop and collected some hooks from my Mum and also some spare wool that she had.


Well it was a cold day, the fire was on and Miss J was happily watching a video so I thought I would just have a practice at a few little things, a circle and an open wholly pattern.



















I also wanted to have a go at something that started off with a circle of chains and then was added to from there, so I had a look through my new op-shop books and saw that there was a hat pattern that started that way. Well it was only going to be a practice and then the next thing I knew I was trying the next row of the pattern and then the next and the next.....well the fire was on and it was cold outside.


Miss J saw the finished hat this morning and decided it would be great to wear it while eating her porridge. The hat is a bit big for her. I didn't use the right size needle (because after all I was just having a practice!) so I added on a couple of rows, as a consequence, it is a bit tight for me and a bit big for her - but we are happy to share!
So a bit hooked now (pardon the pun!) I had a couple of late late nights sitting up - I will just do one more round.....
I am now looking for my next project - stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment